O Nada Anusandhan, Salutation to you, you are the means to attain the
Essence and the Supreme Abode. With your grace my mind and breath dissolves in the Supreme Abode of Vishnu. ||4||
Nada Anusandhan comprises of two Sanskrit words. Nada means the ordinary sound to the sound of consciousness, ॐ. Anusandhāna means investigation or inquest of the supreme sound. Nada Anusandhan is an awakening and dissolving process of individual self with Supreme Self. Through Nada how one can connect individual energy to the supreme energy can be termed as Nada Anusandhan. There are many classical examples and evidences that through Nada Anusandhan one can easily attain the self-enlightenment or the ultimate yoga (union). Ultimate Union is very difficult and rarest happening in one’s life. But this process is very effective, easy and rewarding to attain the goal.
When we succeed in accomplishing one of the most difficult missions, we extend our heartiest thanks and gratitude to the one who helped in achieving the goal.
Adi Shankara Acharya extends his full respect, honour and gratitude to Nada Anusandhan. He is not saying that Nada Anusandhan is a dead or unconscious process or ordinary technique. He has offered his deepest salutation as if, Nada Asnusandhan is a live and conscious being, and who is much higher than an individual. That is why he also places Nada Anusandhan on the top of the list of one hundred thousand laya techniques.
Vishnu Pada is the highest abode of consciousness. Lord Vishnu is not an ordinary statue or deity but is symbol of supreme consciousness. Vishnu is the sustainer of the creation. Vishnu is said to be the originator of the creation. Vishnu is beyond the trigunas on a consciousness level. Pada means the feet or step. Whenever someone is at the refuge or love with somebody it is experienced that we should surrender to his or her lotus feet, to conquer the heart of our beloved. This allows one to merge or dissolve with the supreme. Successful Nada Anusandhan led us to the lotus feet of Vishnu, the consciousness.
Yogic Shvsan Ang Sanchalan (Yogic exercises)
Our body parts are made up of combining many cells together and our body is made up of combining all these parts together. If, we want to keep our body healthy then we have to make our each and every part healthy and if we have to make our each and every part healthy then we have to make each and every cell also healthy. Like when we don’t use our vehicle then all the parts in the vehicle gets rusted. Rusted vehicles either do not move at all or move with difficulty as normal.
Our body is also like this vehicle we have many systems in our body and many parts. These parts should keep getting new energy and peace at a regular basis. If these parts do not get energy on regular basis then they will stop working in normal way and they will start getting rusty and will get stiff and painful.
If our body parts are not working properly then it directly affects our body, mind and life. If some parts are sick and are not complete then our life also becomes incomplete. Our Yogis and Rishis have said if we do yogic Ang Sanchalan then our body parts will get healthy and energetic and in turn will lead to healthy body, mind and senses.
When we do Ang Shanchalan then besides our body parts our joints also get stronger and get more energy .This energy gives us new hope and happiness. With these exercises our joints, blood and all body parts get more flexibility besides energy. When the flexibility increases in the body then it gets easy to do yogic Asana and pranayam, etc. and we get better results. Body gets free from stiffness, tightness, soaring, weakness and pain.
Yogic Ang Sanchalan is a very important part of yoga practice and we should include this in your practice and make full use of it.
Yogic Shvsan Ang Sanchalan (Yogic Breathing-Limbs-Movement)
|1,||Brahma Mudra Variation 1 : Exhale head down : Inhale head up||5|
|2,||Brahma Mudra Variation 2 : Inhale Face Center; Exhale Face Left / Right||5 x 2|
|3||Brahma Mudra Variation 3 : Inhale Face Center: Exhale Ear to left/right shoulder||5 x 2|
|4||Brahma Mudra Variation 4 : Rotate the Head: exhale foreword /inhale backward||11 x 2|
|5||Kandh Sanchalan -Shoulder Rotation in saman mudra||5 x 2|
|6||Vaksh-vistaar – Chest Expansion||11|
|7||Kati Chakrasan – Waist Twist||11 x 2|
|8||Ardh Kati sanchalan – waist movements||11 x 2|
|9||Pind Sanchalan – Rotate body from waist (Only before & after disabled)||11 x 2|
|10||Nitambh sanchalan – hips movements||11 x 2|
|12||Nitambh chakrgati – hips rotation||11 x 2|
|13||Lahar / Tarang Asan – hips movement while dancing||11|
|14||Pad uttith (legs raised on side by side) (disabled should take support of wall)||11 x 2|
|15||Paad chalan – Militry Walk||21 x 2|
|16||Jaanu sanchalan – Knees movement||5 x 2|
|17||Ankle stretch||5 x 2|
|18||Ankle rotation||5 x 2|
|19||Eyes Movements ( 2 minutes)|
|20||kalai- chakra Wrist movement||11 x 2|
|21||anguli prasaar – mushti – fingers stretch & fist||5|
Yoga for kids….. the hottest trend in yoga! with more and more people getting information about yoga and it’s benefits they want their kids to join yoga classes as early as possible. They want their kids to do as many number of poses as possible. Yoga for kids is now part of almost all yoga schools world wide.
I am writing on the basis of my observation I have done for the last few years through numerous kids yoga sessions. Here are my observations which may help in understanding the physics, chemistry and Biology of kids yoga.
1. The easiest thing you can do with kids is to either make them cry or make them happy if you try to do something else it needs presence of mind and immense patience.
2. Kids do not understand yoga they are there because their parents brought them there. Explaining the deep philosophies of yoga, details of Chakras etc aren’t going to work.
3. No matter how much you try you cannot force them do yoga asanas. The only way through is do yoga yourself and show them that it’s super fun doing it.
4. For kids yoga postures are no different than playing on the ground. And seriously kids don’t care about alignment, posture etc. The only way to make them do perfectly is to offer them rewards as in points in any normal game.
5. The more questions you ask kids, the more interaction you have with each and every kid better the class will be. After a certain days in class kids start to interact with other kids. Start calling them with different names etc. It is the best time to involve each and every kid. Some kids get left out and they remain in back throughout the whole experience. Make sure you keep changing their position in the room everyday so that every one gets a chance to be more involved. It’s like giving every one a chance to score a goal in soccer.
6. Do not bring forward kids for the sake of pictures. Make kids believe that you are asking them to do yoga in front to give them gifts / chocolates. It will increase their will to do better.
7. Make fun of yourself as much as possible. Adults may hold their laugh but kids don’t. Doesn’t matter if you would have dance like a monkey… do that. It’s the best way to break the boredom and the best form of warm-up exercises.
8. Do not tell them what NOT to eat; tell them what are the thing they can eat only if they do Yoga. Like chocolates, of course!
9. Instead of explaining how to control breath while doing yoga use examples like how would you blow balloons on your birthday. Take deep breath do the required movement and blow ( to blow the balloon).
10. One more important thing. Instead of giving every kid a separate yoga mat use a big soft carpet kind of thing. It will give them enough room to move around, play around and still do yoga.
11. Yoga is not at all yoga for kids, it’s just fun with kids. Using accurate Sanskrit and english names isn’t going to help; Use Animal names with their voices..that helps! kids don’t remember asana names but what they do remember is their dogs and cats name.
12. The moment you show them that you are a teacher you got yourself in a big trouble better be Santa who organizes games and give gifts to a kids who love to make animal voices and copy their movements.
These are my personal observations and have no scientific basis but there is no scientific algorithm to make your kid like yoga either.
As per my style of saving the best for the end.
Never in your entire class mention the benefits of yoga asanas.. or the disease it is going to cure unless you want me to come over and stop kids from crying.
India’s premier yoga teacher training center
As per our Guruji Meditation is the best medication, now that’s the theory. How to prove that? Well not us but researchers from Massachusetts General Hospital did a study on 16 people on the effect of eight week long mindfulness meditation course. They studied the brain scans of the people before and after the course. The study, published in the January issue of Psychiatry Research: Neuroimaging, concluded that after completing the course, parts of the participants’ brains associated with compassion and self-awareness grew, and parts associated with stress shrank.
This is the most highly evolved part of the brain, responsible for reasoning, planning, emotions and self-conscious awareness. During meditation, the frontal cortex tends to go offline.
This part of the brain processes sensory information about the surrounding world, orienting you in time and space. During meditation, activity in the parietal lobe slows down.
The gatekeeper for the senses, this organ focuses your attention by funneling some sensory data deeper into the brain and stopping other signals in their tracks. Meditation reduces the flow of incoming information to a trickle.
As the brain’s sentry, this structure receives incoming stimuli and puts the brain on alert, ready to respond. Meditating dials back the arousal signal.
Meditation session in progress.
Technically meditation calms you down and also the activity level in your body. Which sometimes matches the activity level during sleep. According to Shawn Achor, meditation can actually make you happier long-term: Meditation helps in rewiring the brain and helps you to relax. And it’s the most effective way to live happier.
Compiled by Mahendra
Courtesy- Adrienne, Brigida
Yoga Teacher Training Center in India
Original research source: http://www.massgeneral.org/about/pressrelease.aspx?id=1520
If there exists a state of pure bliss then it can be achieved only through meditation. Considering the fact that I am an engineer; believing in this kind of thought without any factual data is a bit difficult for me therefore I decided to try meditation myself.
Meditation isn’t something you can read in a book or watch a YouTube video and you’re done. It takes hours of guided teaching and then self practice. I was lucky to have a professional instructor. My earlier post on meditation was a third person view, an observation. However this time I was doing it myself.
In the beginning its kindda odd you close your eyes and then a million thoughts come into your mind and you start to think why you are doing this. Then comes a point of concentration where you start to take everything seriously and enjoy the session however this happens only if you let your thoughts to flow on their own. There is a huge difference between thinking about something and letting your thoughts come on their own.
After a lot of practice and guidance you finally find yourself in a place so blissful that you don’t wanna comeback from there. There are no thoughts just immense sense of fulfillment and happiness. You instructor might ask you to come back after sometime but you are in a place of zen and peace and you don’t want to be back. This is where real meditation starts.
I had a great time doing this and I am doing it everyday. When I am in meditation I feel like I am in Ireland… may be because of the movies/songs. Hope to see you there.
Yoga Teacher Training center in India
Affiliated by the Yoga Alliance,USA
People go to colleges or universities not just a degree they want to experience the life of the university. The environment really matters. You may learn yoga while in your home when it comes to becoming an expert in it. You need highly competitive environment. You are required to study a lot. In group and on your own.
The studio which is just down the road is fine too but deep in your heart you know thats taking you no-where.Let me give you a simple example.which sports game you would like to watch a local club match or the olympics?Which award show you value more, the local community award or the Nobel prize?
I am not telling you to start watching Olympics or the Nobel prize show. That you already do 😉 I am telling you to select a yoga place very seriously, that’s going to be the best one / two or perhaps maybe several months of your life. I have witnessed myself a lot of transformations happening.
PS: I know you want to come to India. Maybe now is the time to take yoga and your dream seriously.